The historical site known simply as the Angelicum in Rome is located in the precise geographical centre of the city and dates back to 1569. Along with the annexed Convent and Baroque Church of Saints Dominic and Sixtus, the property is also home to the Pontifical University of St Thomas Aquinas, one of the Vatican's most important and prestigious places of learning for intellectuals in the Catholic world.
The Angelicum Conference Centre, with its two auditoriums and 11 smaller meeting rooms, encapsulates the original cloister, which contains the garden and fountain and forms the heart of the Angelicum site. Richly steeped in history, the Angelicum has received Popes, heads of state and many of the most powerful and important figures of the last 300 years.
A truly historical Roman edifice, the building exhibits the priceless markings of some of the greatest masters of the latter part of the Renaissance, including Lorenzo Bernini, whose classic works can also be seen in Piazza Navona, Piazza Barberini and at the foot of the Spanish Steps; as well as Giacomo della Porta and Vincenzo della Greca.
The Senate Room - the Angelicum's most prestigious conference room - is adorned with precious art including Lippo Vanni's 14th century masterpiece The Triptych of St Andrew and a crucifix dating back to the 13th century.